Nova Southeastern University
Working to educate learners, the Abraham S. Fischler College of Education comprises a global professional learning community dedicated to teaching, service, and scholarship with integrity. The College is committed to offering technology-rich, student-centered educational experiences. High quality online, blended, and traditional learning are the hallmark of the College. Courses and programs stress dynamic professional practices that promote inquiry and reflection using an applied, theory to practice, approach. Students are prepared to lead change in diverse communities with emphasis on fostering equity, cultural awareness, and social responsibility.
The College of Education at Nova Southeastern University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).This accreditation covers initial teacher preparation programs and advanced educator preparation programs at all university locations and online. However, the accreditation does not include individual education courses that the institution offers to P-12 educators for professional development, re-licensure, or other purposes.
Nova Southeastern University requires:
- Completed NSU admission application packet to include Nevada Student Enrollment Agreement as well as the Discount Alliance Form (included in the admission packet.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended academic institutions. An official transcript indicating conferral of a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average (CGPA) is required for all students. Applicants who do not meet the 2.5 CGPA requirement must submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores (a combined score of 1000 for the verbal and quantitative scales only).
- If the applicant does not meet the minimum 2.5 GPA or GRE score requirement, the applicant may enroll in a maximum of six (6) credit hours and must earn a grade of B or better in each course during the first term of enrollment for conditional admission. Students who do not earn a grade of B or better in each course will be subject to dismissal from the program.
- Valid NV permanent teaching license.
- Educational Leadership applicants must submit an official verification letter documenting a minimum of two (2) years of teaching experience in a K-12 school. This letter must be provided by the applicant's school district.
Sierra Nevada College
Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village, Nevada is a four-year private liberal arts college with graduate programs in teaching and leadership in Incline Village, Reno, and Las Vegas/Henderson. The liberal arts focus at SNC is coupled with a commitment to entrepreneurial thinking, professional preparedness and sustainability that runs throughout the curriculum. For over 40 years, Sierra Nevada College has been the only 4-year, private college in Nevada. Sierra Nevada College was founded in 1969 and is regionally accredited by Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
At Sierra Nevada College, we know what knowledge and skills are needed to make a difference in the classroom, the community and the world. The Master of Education in Teaching and Leadership degree is designed to meet the needs of teachers and military personnel who are seeking theory-to-practice leadership training combined with instruction on advanced teaching techniques. The college offers intellectual, educational, and cultural resources to its graduates and the communities of Nevada.
Sierra Nevada College requires:
- Application for admission
- Two-Three page, typewritten Purpose Statement "Describe your current leadership role and how you anticipate this program will enhance this role in the classroom and your community."
- Copy of teaching license (current)
- One official transcript showing a posted bachelor’s degree with an earned 3.0 grade point average (GPA).
- Official transcripts of any graduate coursework not shown on the bachelor’s transcript must also be submitted.
- Applicants with a GPA below a 3.0 are required to submit two.
Touro University Nevada is a private Jewish institution that maintains a School of Education that is regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and all licensure programs are approved by the Nevada State Department of Education. Online and site based programs are tailored to working teachers who are seeking a Masters Degree. Students receive new educational teaching techniques, strategies, and information that can be applied directly to the classroom. Students have access to excellent adjunct and full-time faculty who stay abreast of new pedagogy and respect professional educators as experienced learners. Instructional time is maximized by instructors and enhanced by on site campus technology and smart classrooms. Class sizes are usually small which increases the instructor’s time with the individual student.
Touro University requirements for Masters Degrees:
- Application is completed online
- $75 Application Fee
- Prior transcripts
Touro University requirements for Advanced Studies Certifications:
- Application is completed online
- No application fee
- No transcripts